Best way to plot a Kurtogram

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

0uss

Best way to plot a Kurtogram

Post by 0uss » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:05 pm

Hello guys,

As said in the title what is the best way to plot a Kurtogram? I'm looking for a tool like the spectrogram but with distinct bars (and the different bars should be interactive).

The first thing I'm thinking of is Horizontal Bars. Is it the best way to do that?

Thank you.

ArctionKestutis

Re: Best way to plot a Kurtogram

Post by ArctionKestutis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:55 am

Hi,

If you have/want high resolution Kurtogram, when probably most efficient way is to use IntensityGridSeries, which is rendered as non-interpolated bitmap with

Code: Select all

_intensityGrid.PixelRendering = true;
An for interactivity you can use _intensityGrid.MouseTraceCellChanged event. See the possible idea implemented in our Demo App example "Intensity grid mouse control" (ViewXY -> Heat map & contours).

Otherwise, if Kurtogram resolution is low, when you could use LineCollection. That is simpler and 'lighter' (for rendering) object than BarSeries. LineCollection has all mouse event, so it will be easy to implement any interactive logic. Check our Demo App examples "Line collections" and "Line spectrogram" (ViewXY -> Others) for possible usage.

For very big bars in Kurtogram you can even use PolygonSeries. Please see Demo App example "Polygons" (ViewXY -> Basics).

As you can see there is a broad choice. The final selection depend on esthetic and resources efficiency consideration.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

0uss

Re: Best way to plot a Kurtogram

Post by 0uss » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Thank you for your reply,

finally I've used POLYGONS as you said. It was the easiest way to do it since I don't have big precision to deal with.
Here a printscreen of my latest tests :D

Thank you again and have a nice day.