Is this a Multi-Touch bug? Please See Details...

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

plotter

Is this a Multi-Touch bug? Please See Details...

Post by plotter » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm

Good Morning,

I have charts with segments and multiple Y Axis per segment (That doesn't seem to matter, it's just there is often significant area taken up by Y Axis Scale Labels and Titles that vary from one segment to the next.)

Not all Segments have the same number of Y Axis, which result in 'empty' space to the left of the Y Axis scale and title on some segments.

Again, this doesn't seem to matter.

If I touch 2 fingers down in the normal chart graph region and move them, the chart pans as expected.
If I touch 2 fingers down in the normal chart graph region and extend/shrink them, the chart zooms as expected.

If I touch 2 fingers down in the 'empty' space to the left of the normal chart graph region and move them, the chart still pans.
If I touch 2 fingers down in the 'empty' space to the left of the normal chart graph region and extend/shrink them, the chart does nothing as expected.

This behavior does not happen with right mouse down movement, only multi-touch.

I understand that allowing multitouch movement beyond the extents of the graph area is useful to complete an action, but believe that it should not be allowable to start a multitouch action from outside the chart graph region. This creates confusion with the multitouch actions available for the Y Axis Scaling, for instance.

Could you please look into this ?

Thanks,
Heather

ArctionKestutis

Re: Is this a Multi-Touch bug? Please See Details...

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:32 am

Hello Heather,

Thank you for this report.
Yes, indeed that is the current LightningChart behavior. And you absolutely right that panning/zooming should not be started if fingers initially touched outside graph-area. We will look at the issue as soon as possible.

All the best.

ArctionKestutis

Re: Is this a Multi-Touch bug? Please See Details...

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:27 pm

The issue is fixed: multi-touch panning outside graph area is not allowed.
The fix will be available in the next release.