Rotations of Camera

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

peppemath

Rotations of Camera

Post by peppemath » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:07 am

I have a problem: in general, the position of the axes is x to the right, y to the top and z to the monitor. I would like to make the rotations to get the position shown in the figure;
Rotations.png
Rotations.png (17.85 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
theoretically it would be simple with two rotations of the yz plane and the xy plane of 90 degrees respectively, but it is not. I tried with the PredefiniteCamera positions, I tried to manually enter the values, I tried to use the movements with the mouse, but it is impossible.

Could you give me help?

ArctionKestutis

Re: Rotations of Camera

Post by ArctionKestutis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 pm

LightningChart is using some rotation order / style. This leads to a problem that for the certain angles there is no solution. Camera especially sensitive (i.e. Euler angles are invalid) then X or Y being equal 90. We are aware about those limitations and planning to modify our internal calculations. However, this is long-term plan.
As for now, the best workaround is to use angles slightly off, e.g. 89. I believe orientation you are looking should be achieved with RotationX=0, Y=89, Z=90.

Hope this helps.

ArctionKestutis

Re: Rotations of Camera

Post by ArctionKestutis » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Hello,

LightningChart v8.4.1.4001 was just released. It contains a lot of new features, improvements and error fixes.
One of improvements that now Chart renders properly on all 3D camera angles.

Happy charting.