Severe lag when moving mouse on temperature demo

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

rolls

Severe lag when moving mouse on temperature demo

Post by rolls » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 am

I am currently evaluating the real time temperature chart demo and I get severe lag (eg it completely stops redrawing) when moving the mouse. When the mouse is still I get 128 FPS, when the mouse is moving constantly it drops to 2 FPS.

I ran the demo in debug mode and here is the profiler with the mouse moving:

Here is the profiler with the mouse not moving

What is causing the severe stuttering/lag when I move the mouse? Is this normal?

ArctionKestutis

Re: Severe lag when moving mouse on temperature demo

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:06 am

No, it is not normal that mouse movement alone is causing application to lag.
I believe you did some modification in example. If yes, we would like to know what kind. If no, then it must be some problem with graphic or mouse drivers. Please send DxDiag output for inspection.
Mouse movement on top of LightningChart has minimal effect unless there are some ‘active’ items, which has mouse movement handlers. For example, Series may be highlighted, Axis zoomed/panned.
Is it possible that you created some mouse move event handler, where you modify chart properties? If you modify several properties without enclosing call between BeginUpdate-EndUpdate - this would lead to unnecessary frame rendering. Or if Chart properties modification end up in the same event handler, you may have infinite loop.

Hope this helps.