Issue on Plotting with single points

Need help in implementing some specific function to your LightningChart Ultimate powered application? Post a question and get code snippets from other LightningChart Ultimate community members.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

Kountree

Issue on Plotting with single points

Post by Kountree » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi all,

Here is my problem. My goal is to populate a graph with up to 40 channels at the same time at approximately 81 ms using 1 point at a time. As a basis, I used the temperature example. This worked in version 5 with 4 plots, however, when I updated to version 6, I now receive cross threads only after 4 threads, where my thread model becomes out of sync.
From my understanding, I started down the path using the HiSpeedXY as a basis to populate the plots.

So when using the single point plot (temperature) which works for three plots, is there a way to get four plots to work at the same speed?

ArctionJari

Re: Issue on Plotting with single points

Post by ArctionJari » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:54 am

Take a look at the "Thread-Fed multi-channel data" example. This might be the best possible basis for your application. It has 10 channels so you can extended the idea to meet your requirements.

If you are using multiple threads, don't forget to use "lock" statement and "Invoke" method to synchronize your threads and chart updating with new data.

Kountree

Post by Kountree » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:58 pm

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I will keep you updated on the progress

Kountree

Post by Kountree » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:27 pm

Here is the followup. The main issue was the interrupts that occured my asynchronous protocol between the real time data aquisition and the Windows main thread. In turn, this interuption caused my graph to delay (pause).

Implementing the multithreaded design definitely improved the performance, but quite honestly, until my external device implements a better communication protocol, the interruptions will always occur.

Thanks for your help.