Panning into X Axis in Real-time monitoring graphic

Need help in implementing some specific function to your LightningChart Ultimate powered application? Post a question and get code snippets from other LightningChart Ultimate community members.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

aemontero7

Panning into X Axis in Real-time monitoring graphic

Post by aemontero7 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Why is data lost when I do panning repeatedly into X Axis after X seconds of data generated in a Real-time monitoring graphic using the Signal Generator Component? The same problem occurs in Thread-fed multi-channel data example in demo of the application when I try to do panning in X axis after the generation of data is stopped. What is the problem? Is there any way to solve this problem? I don't want to lose data.

ArctionPasi

Re: Panning into X Axis in Real-time monitoring graphic

Post by ArctionPasi » Tue May 12, 2015 5:22 am

Hi,

when ViewXY.DropOldSeriesData is enabled, the chart destroys data points that fall below X axis minimum from the series intended for scrolling real-time monitorings: SampleDataSeries, PointLineSeries, AreaSeries and HighLowSeries. The destroying is made when X axis range changes.

It is made so that the programmer doesn't have to destroy the data points manually. If you have lot of data points, the computer will run out of memory if data points are not destroyed.

The solution for this is: set ViewXY.DropOldSeriesData = false after stopping the monitoring. Then it will keep all the data when panning and zooming the view.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

aemontero7

Re: Panning into X Axis in Real-time monitoring graphic

Post by aemontero7 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm

ok, I solved my problem. Thanks