Copy to clipboard as EMF: Graphs missing

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

Niels Decker

Copy to clipboard as EMF: Graphs missing

Post by Niels Decker » Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:42 am

I have a question about the LightningChart.CopyToClipboardAsEmf() function. It seems that sometimes the complete graphs are missing if they have too many points* if you choose to use that function with the export format EMF. The same view area can be exported to other formats (PNG, JPG, BMP) without any problems (all graphs are visible).

*I am not 100% sure that it is the amount of graph points that triggers this behaviour, but in view areas with more simple graphs, the EMF export seems to work correctly.

I use LightningChart 10.2.1.1 with WinForms.

Thanks for help!
Niels

Original view:
MissingGraphsEMF_Screenshot.png
MissingGraphsEMF_Screenshot.png (27.42 KiB) Viewed 837 times
Copy to clipboard as EMF:
MissingGraphsEMF_CopyToClipboardAsEMF.png
MissingGraphsEMF_CopyToClipboardAsEMF.png (10.63 KiB) Viewed 837 times
Copy to clipboard as JPG:
MissingGraphsEMF_CopyToClipboardAsJPG.png
MissingGraphsEMF_CopyToClipboardAsJPG.png (383.89 KiB) Viewed 837 times

ArctionKestutis

Re: Copy to clipboard as EMF: Graphs missing

Post by ArctionKestutis » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 am

We had several EMF export fixes in later versions (after 10.2.1.1). Therefore, it maybe good idea to try. However, we are not aware about such issue as you described and I don't see that fixes would be related to that.

the way to go forward is to replicate problem: what type of series, how many points etc. If you have test application, then send it to [email protected].
Note, our Interactive Examples App has 'Copy metafile' button, which calls CopyToClipboardAsEmf() function. Therefore, it should be easy to test in multiple scenarios quickly.

One idea to consider.
Do you call CopyToClipboardAsEmf() in UI Thread and all properties updated in UI Thread? If you don't, then it will be violation of one of LightningChart .NET requirements (https://lightningchart.com/net-charts/d ... lications/) and could explain outcome.

Hope this helps.