Auto processing missing points.

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

abol810

Auto processing missing points.

Post by abol810 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:45 am

i have worked with other chart controls from other companies and in one them saw a property called "Process Missing Points" the possible values for that property were "Skip","Insert Zero Values" and "Insert Empty Points" which could work with datetime values.
after searching the lightningchart documentation pdf i saw the "Data Breaking by NaN or other values" and "Clip areas". however it looks to me that they can be only configured for a certain values and not for missing values. let me explain a little more with an example:
assume you have set your Xaxis to have steps that each represent a day. now you add 4 points like this:
Point 1: 24/08/2018 with a value of 10
Point 2: 25/08/2018 with a value of 55
Point 3: 26/08/2018 with a value of 1
Point 4: 30/08/2018 with a value of 2
in other chart control there would be 3 missing points(or zero values) between point 3 and 4.(depending on what you set for the Process Missing Points property).
i was wondering if a similar functionality exists in lightningchart or maybe you could tell me how can i implement this using lightning chart. i think it is worth mentioning that i am working real time data where it is possible that for a period of time no data is received and i want to break the graph line between the last received data and the data we just received.
Thanks in advance

ArctionKestutis

Re: Auto processing missing points.

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:31 am

Hi,

'DataBreaking' property/feature should be very suitable here. Actually our Demo App contains real-time monitoring example dedicated for it, "Data breaking in series":
"Data breaking in series"
"Data breaking in series"
DataBreaking.png (54.51 KiB) Viewed 7343 times
The basic idea is that you add new points to Series then they arrive. If you consider points as missing just replace X or Y-value with NaN (or any other value you configured to be DataBreaking.Value). LightningChart will render Series as broken line and/or empty space instead those missing points. Please check the code of example for implementation.

Hope this helps.
All the best.