lightningChart license

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

CireXD

lightningChart license

Post by CireXD » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:36 am

Good morning, I have the LightningChart student license installed on my computer, I have 331 days left and I get a message on the screen that says: "License has not been activated for this machine" what should I do to solve this problem?

Arction_LasseP

Re: lightningChart license

Post by Arction_LasseP » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:18 am

Hello,

Student licenses work similarly to regular licenses. They can be activated/deactivated via License Manager (should be automatically installed on your machine when installing LightningChart SDK). Our User's Manual chapter 4 has detailed instructions about this.
https://www.arction.com/wp-content/uplo ... 20v9.1.pdf

There are two things that can prevent the activation of the license. First, if the license is activated on another machine, you cannot activated it on a new machine before deactivating it on the old machine. Deactivation can be done via License Manager as well.

The second possible block is that if your machine is offline or the internet connection is extremely slow, activation may fail since it requires the machine to be online. If this is the case, we can do manual activation. Again, follow the instructions in the User's Manual and sent the required information to [email protected] (do NOT post license information such as subscription ID here).

Hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
Lasse