How to draw a map in 3d form?

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

hamidkavianathar

How to draw a map in 3d form?

Post by hamidkavianathar » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:18 am

Hi there
I'm completely new to lightning chart. I want to ask you how to create a 3d map. I actually don't know if it's possible or not. if the answer is yes, how can I show streets, roads and etc. .
I'm using lightning chart with visual studio in a winform project.

thanks in advance.

Hamid kavianathar

ArctionKestutis

Re: How to draw a map in 3d form?

Post by ArctionKestutis » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi,
LightningChart is primarily charting (chart is a graphical representation of data) component not virtual environment creation tool. However, LightningChart offers various ways to use geographical maps not only in 2D, but also in 3D. Please check our Interactive Examples App to see almost 200 examples of usage.
If you mainly interested in 3D map, I could suggest 3 examples for possibles ideas. First, you can import map/image in to the Chart and create surface, which geometry and coloring based on map features (for example coloring). Such demonstration in ExampleLargeSurface:
ExampleLargeSurface
ExampleLargeSurface
ExampleLargeSurface.jpg (403.04 KiB) Viewed 4470 times

Such surface could be wrapped in any shape as demonstrated in ExampleGlobeSurface3D
ExampleGlobeSurface3D
ExampleGlobeSurface3D
ExampleGlobeSurface3D.jpg (429.91 KiB) Viewed 4470 times

It is also possible to use information/data (e.g. boarder lie, population size etc.) from map to create Chart 3D objects (it could PointLineSeries3D, MeshModel, Polygon3D etc.). One such approach demonstrated in ExamplePopulationPolygons3D
ExamplePopulationPolygons3D
ExamplePopulationPolygons3D
ExamplePopulationPolygons3D.png (742.09 KiB) Viewed 4470 times

Hope this helps.