Surface Mesh Series Issue from Software Updating

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

_Michael

Surface Mesh Series Issue from Software Updating

Post by _Michael » Sat May 23, 2015 12:08 am

Hi there,

I upgrade the lightning chart SDK from v4 to v6 today. Just linked the new assembly, no other code changes. For the same piece of data. It looks and behaves differently now.
Before updating the assembly, the graph looks
4.JPG
4.JPG (44.64 KiB) Viewed 8649 times
After updated, the graph looks:
2.JPG
2.JPG (42.44 KiB) Viewed 8649 times
If we tilt the graph a little bit, the graph looks a bit like to graph before updating the SDK.
1.JPG
1.JPG (41.89 KiB) Viewed 8649 times
Do you have any idea why is this happening? Thank you,

Michael

ArctionPasi

Re: Surface Mesh Series Issue from Software Updating

Post by ArctionPasi » Sat May 23, 2015 9:41 am

Hi Michael,

Some kind of invalid data points in the series? Can you post your code here? A small VS project preferred.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

_Michael

Post by _Michael » Mon May 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi there,

Sorry for the late respond. I don't work during weekends. I have made a simplified visual studio project for you.
LightningChart3D.zip
(214 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
If you run this project, the graph looks very wrong. If you tilt the graph, surfaceMeshSeries will disappear.

I am using version 6.4.1.4001 of lightning chart. I have the latest assembly. However, If I update the reference, I will need to redo all property attributes that was set in the visual studio designer properties table previously. Do you have any suggestion for me so that I can update the assembly and all properties of my charts stay the way they were defined. In other words, objects inside form.resx file will still be valid after pointing the Arction.LightningchartUltimate reference to the newest assembly. Thank you.

Michael

ArctionTero

Post by ArctionTero » Wed May 27, 2015 7:39 am

Hi Michael,

I tried you project and it seems odd enough. I see some dots, which seems to be at the peaks of data, when its rendered after e.g. rotate.

When updating to new version, which usually might have changed interface, the deserializer does not know how to deserialize properties created with previous version.

Suggestion is that you initialize chart by code after controls InitializeComponent() method is called. I made a test project, which is partially initialized like you test project and it seems to render data nicely.

Sorry for inconvenience.
LightningChart Support Team, TK