3D view, Can I display border walls?

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

lukoprovandrey

3D view, Can I display border walls?

Post by lukoprovandrey » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:52 am

Hello

My 3D view looks like bellow:
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (39.99 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
Could I display walls without adding more points(zero points around all array) in SurfaceMeshSeries3D?

And how can I improve rotation perfomance for 3D view?(it is slow in my case)

ArctionPasi

Re: 3D view, Can I display border walls?

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi,
Could I display walls without adding more points(zero points around all array) in SurfaceMeshSeries3D?
I don't understand your question. :roll: To prevent the data from hitting the walls, adjust the axis ranges?
And how can I improve rotation perfomance for 3D view?
- set surface.MouseInteraction = false. For all surfaces.
- set surface.ColorSaturation = 100 and surface.SuppressLighting = True.

Does it help?
LightningChart Support Team, PT

lukoprovandrey

Post by lukoprovandrey » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Sorry for my explanation.

My chart should look like on the first pic, on the second (it is my case) I have empty:
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (30.88 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (39.99 KiB) Viewed 9400 times
Does it more clear?

About performance: I use this. Do you have other idea?

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:06 pm

OK, I see the front face of your surface mesh is missing. I suppose View3D.ClipContents = False. It's it's 'True' it will clip surface that is outside axis ranges. To see the front face, you have to compose it from the zero level, of course. It is a surface, not a bar series.

About performance, how many nodes do you have in the surface? How many steps in the palette? Do you have only one surface?

With hi-density surface it can be just up to the GPU processing power. When the surface data or appearance is not updated, just the angle or zooming level, the CPU won't be loaded much, but GPU instead.

For general comparison of GPU types and their processing power, please refer to: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
LightningChart Support Team, PT

lukoprovandrey

Post by lukoprovandrey » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:37 pm

ArctionPasi wrote:To see the front face, you have to compose it from the zero level, of course. It is a surface, not a bar series.
Ok, clear. But as I know I can't draw bar series which will look like on the pic higher(in 3D and paint over columns in different colors, have ability for rotate view) and doesn't use SurfacePointSeries, doesn't it?
ArctionPasi wrote:About performance, how many nodes do you have in the surface? How many steps in the palette? Do you have only one surface?
I use one surface, have 9 step in pallete(like on pictures), in some cases I have more then 100 000 nodes.
ArctionPasi wrote:For general comparison of GPU types and their processing power, please refer to: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php
I think that I have bad video card. but I can check it on web site only in the monday morning.