Arction.Wpf.Charting.ChartException Memory Allocation failed

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

abdul.qadirdeveloper

Arction.Wpf.Charting.ChartException Memory Allocation failed

Post by abdul.qadirdeveloper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am

[I am using licensed (not trial) version of LightningChart]
I am using LightningChartUltimateWpf without binding, I have very large data to show on Chart, it has 2 lines and 2 Bar Series, where each series has 41.7 K Data points
but LightningChartUltimateWpf is throughing Arction.Wpf.Charting.ChartException.
here is details of the exception
Arction.Wpf.Charting.ChartException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'Arction.Wpf.Charting.ChartException' occurred in Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.dll
Additional information: Memory allocation failed: HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
Stack trace: at Arction.RenderingEngine11.RenderingEngine11.QC(KD& A, Boolean B)
at Arction.RenderingEngine11.RenderingEngine11.DrawDataAsStencil(Object drawData)
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.LLC(RectangleF A, PointFloat B, Double C, Fill F, Boolean G, Boolean H)
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.ITC(RectangleF A, PointFloat B, Fill C, Boolean F, RectangleF G, Double H, BorderType I, Single J, Color K, Color L, Boolean M)
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.RVC(List`1 A, List`1 B, Double C, Single F, Color G, Boolean H)
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.WVC(AxisX A, Rectangle B)
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.VVC(AxisX A, Rectangle B)
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.XRC()
at Arction.Wpf.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.DLC()

ArctionPasi

Re: Arction.Wpf.Charting.ChartException Memory Allocation fa

Post by ArctionPasi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:46 am

Probably the out-of-memory comes because you have quite massive set of bars. Bars are complex to render. Please replace your BarSeries with a LineCollection (in ViewXY.LineCollections). You can draw bars with them as well, and they are more compact and faster.
LightningChart Support Team, PT