Exception when disposing semibindable chart

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

alan

Exception when disposing semibindable chart

Post by alan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:02 pm

When disposing a chart I get the exception below. The exception occurs for a 2D plot but the control also contains a 3D view, which is not shown / visible. Can you help me with the error? The exception came after updating from LC 7 to 8.

Nova2, Version=2.1.6379.30353, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.ChartException: Unspecified error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Stack trace: at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.Axes.AxisX.NNC(AxisLayout A, Int32 C, Double F, Double H, ED I, Int32 J, Boolean K)
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.Views.ViewXY.ViewXY.ALE(Int32 A, ED C)
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.BAD()
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.ZSC()
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.XVC(ErrorType A, Object C, String F, String H, Boolean I, Exception J)
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.ZSC()
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.VSC()
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.EndUpdate()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.ChartControl.EndUpdate()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.UpdateBatch.Dispose()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.RefreshPointLineSeries(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.OnPointLineSeriesSourceChanged(IEnumerable oldValue, IEnumerable newValue)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.OnPointLineSeriesSourceChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.set_PointLineSeriesSource(IEnumerable value)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.Dispose()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.ChartControl.Dispose()

ArctionKestutis

Re: Exception when disposing semibindable chart

Post by ArctionKestutis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:37 am

Hello,

We would appreciate if you give more information how to reproduce the issue. It seems you not using latest public v8 (8.1.2.1). We would need to know the exact version as well or should check your app with latest assemblies. As general note for 'cleaning': remove references, dispose Chart, and dispose everything that is not belonging to chart. It seems that exception comes either due to usage of object, which is already disposed or due to not initiated yet. To clarify which is the case we would need application we can reproduce exception. If you can send your app for testing it would be the best option.

All the best.

alan

Post by alan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:19 am

I've tried with version 8.1.2.1 and get another exception. I can send you the application with the steps to reproduce. Where do I send it?

at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.ZVC(ErrorType A, Object C, String F, String H, Boolean I, Exception J)
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.BTC()
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.XSC()
at Arction.Wpf.SemibindableCharting.LightningChartUltimate.EndUpdate()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.UpdateBatch.Dispose()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.RefreshPointLineSeries(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.OnPointLineSeriesSourceChanged(IEnumerable oldValue, IEnumerable newValue)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.OnPointLineSeriesSourceChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.View3D.Dispose()
at Metrohm.Controls.Chart.ChartControl.Dispose()
at Nova2.App.ChartControl_Unloaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\programming\maintenance_b\Main\Nova\Nova2\Nova2\App.xaml.cs:line 237

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 am

Please send to support(at)arction.com