Older XP Laptops

Not familiar with licensing? Need help in installing LightningChart Ultimate SDK? User's manual is missing? Post general questions here.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

fischertc

Older XP Laptops

Post by fischertc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 am

Hello,

I have a customer that has been given a laptop from 2007 with XP and an Intel Q35 GPU. The intensity grid draws the grid but not the actual data; e.g. the axis ticks and axis grid lines, bands and annotations I have added show all show up but the intensity grid data is not plotted.

I have a few old 2009 XP laptops with Intel 4 gpu's and they seems to work fine using the exact same or older driver ids (I guess the driver is shared across multiple gpus?). I realize the answer is probably "Upgrade the laptop" but he is telling us that his company will only allow him this laptop for this software at this time.

Is there anything we can do and/or try to get this laptop to display intensity grids? I am at a loss.

Thanks

ArctionPasi

Re: Older XP Laptops

Post by ArctionPasi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:29 am

It seems this machine's graphics adapter doesn't support DirectX 9.0 c. 'c' stands for Shader Model 3. Intensity grid uses that technology to color the grid in the GPU efficiently.

There is however a way to color the series in the CPU side:

-set intensityGrid.Fill = FromSurfacePoints
- for each point in the Data property, call intensityGrid.ValueRangePalette.GetColorByValue(point.Value) and store the color in Color field of every data point.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

fischertc

Re: Older XP Laptops

Post by fischertc » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:56 am

I just got back to this issue and this did mostly resolve it. The colors are a bit washed out when you do it via CPU but it is definately better that not displaying anything.

Thank you
Tim