Multi-touch zoom factor

Need help in implementing some specific function to your LightningChart Ultimate powered application? Post a question and get code snippets from other LightningChart Ultimate community members.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

petho

Multi-touch zoom factor

Post by petho » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:45 am

Hi,
I am trying to make zooming into 2D diagram "faster" for our users. I see that ZoomPanOptions has ZoomFactor property which effects zooming speed on mouse wheel action.
This however does not have any effect on pinch zoom speed.
Is there a way to effect speed of pinch zoom (touch screen) with some other property ? (MultiTouchSensitivity seems to have different behavior, that was second thing I've tried out).
I guess I could get around it manually by handling zoom event and setting zoom manually there, but would like to avoid this option if possible.

regards
Peter

ArctionPasi

Re: Multi-touch zoom factor

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 am

Hi Peter,

we've reviewed this from the code base and it seems this would be a very laborious feature to implement. Multi-touch zoom uses absolute coordinates and tracks them as they are. Maybe some day, but right now we can't promise this feature.

You probably can achieve a similar functionality in the application side by using WPF's
chart.ManipulationStarted, ManipulationDelta and ManipulationCompleted events, and by setting axis ranges there. But won't be a very simple task though.
LightningChart Support Team, PT