Orthographic camera with different z axis angle

Need help in implementing some specific function to your LightningChart Ultimate powered application? Post a question and get code snippets from other LightningChart Ultimate community members.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

petho

Orthographic camera with different z axis angle

Post by petho » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:07 am

Hi,
I have a specific requirement that I did not yet find a suitable solution for using LightningChart.
On several (nearly all) of our 3D views we need to show 3D space with orthographic camera (perspective-less). This I can do, but I need this view to have X/Y axes parallel to screen bottom/side, while I need Z axes to be at a custom angle (say 45°). Normal orthographic camera (implemented in LightningChart) gives me only option to have Z axis in this case parallel to bottom/side of the screen and this makes it invisible because it is covered by X/Y axis. What we want instead is something that looks like this:

I was able to find workarounds for some types of charts that we needed using orthographic camera and shift of some elements and with hiding Z axis, but now I need to do a mesh like structure and cannot think of anything that i could use in this case..
Is there a way to do this ?

regards
Peter

ArctionPasi

Re: Orthographic camera with different z axis angle

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi Peter,

LC supports perspective and orthographic cameras. Orthographic camera actually can't produce a projection you are looking for. It comes close to that, but not exactly. It's not supported by DirectX camera matrices directly. There has been some discussion adding this feature, but it's a huge task overall and can't promise it to be implemented soon.

View3D.Camera.OrthographicCamera = True
View3D.Camera.RotationX = 5
View3D.Camera.RotationY = -5
View3D.Camera.RotationZ = 0

This is very near to that.
LightningChart Support Team, PT