Pixel rendering bug

Found a possible bug in LightningChart? Report it here.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

ShawnCG

Pixel rendering bug

Post by ShawnCG » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:51 am

I am seeing a potential bug with pixel rendering enabled where values above the upper palette level are not clipped at the maximum scale color. Hopefully the attached graphic illustrates the problem. In this graphic, the top row shows pixelated and smoothed intensity plots where the color scale spans the range of data values and the bottom row shows where the maximum scale color is placed in the middle of the data range. Can you help us address this or offer a workaround?
LightningChartPixelationBug.png
LightningChartPixelationBug.png (109.8 KiB) Viewed 11808 times

ArctionPasi

Re: Pixel rendering bug

Post by ArctionPasi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:56 pm

When using Intensity series, please use only values that are in range of ValueRangePalette's MinValue and greatest value in Steps. When PixelRendering is not used, going out of range shows up as transparent color. When PixelRendering is enabled color encoding overflows. So 0.51 actually becomes same color than 0.01 value in your example. It is somewhat misleading, I have to admit. :roll:

I've added limits checking and value clipping in PixelRendering style, in code base of next major version, 6.

With v.5, please limit your data values.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

ShawnCG

Post by ShawnCG » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Do you have an estimated date when version 6 will be available? Also, as a possible work-around, is it possible to limit the number of palette steps that show in the legend so that, for instance, I could construct a palette that varies between 0 and 0.5 and have an extra step between 0.5 and the maximum data value that provides a color for overflow but yet does not appear in the graph legend intensity bar?

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Spring 2014.

Setting an extra step isn't possible. All steps (above MinValue) are visible. Limiting the data values is probably the only approach right now.

ArctionPasi

Post by ArctionPasi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:44 pm

We made this clipping feature in v.5.5.1 released today :ugeek: