Scale labels become clipped

Forum for Arction Gauges users. Share your problems, questions, and improvement suggestions here. As Gauges is FREE, Arction monitors this forum occasionally, but does not take any obligation to answer the posts.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

Claudio_G

Scale labels become clipped

Post by Claudio_G » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:09 am

Hello all.

I downloaded a copy of the Gauges and made a few style changes, however, for some reason, when the gauges are first displayed the numbered labels on the major ticks are correctly displayed, however, as soon as the value changes the top number and the rangestart and rangeend numbers get clipped off. I tried replicating the issue on a standalone wpfapp and I got the same result. You can get the example solution that I uploaded.

Just to give you a hint, I attached a couple of pictures of what I see. I used the app on several PCs and I get the same results so it is not an issue with my machine.

Can you please advise?
Attachments
Set the value, issue shows up
Set the value, issue shows up
Gauge_with_problem.png (24.5 KiB) Viewed 25030 times
First launch, no issue
First launch, no issue
Gauge_no_problem.png (23.58 KiB) Viewed 25030 times
WpfApp3.zip
Solution with the issue
(147.92 KiB) Downloaded 1212 times

busarider29

Re: Scale labels become clipped

Post by busarider29 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:55 pm

I am having a very similar issue. I have an application that uses a tab control with several of the gauges placed on one of the tab pages. When the gauges are first displayed, they appear fine. However, when I click to another tab and then click back to the tab that the gauges are on, the gauges get rendered differently and not the way they should be. I have tried a number of things to see if it may be something with code, such as configuring the gauges differently through their properties, as well as ordering them differently in the XAML. But nothing works to fix the issue that I am experiencing. From what I can tell, it appears to be a bug or something with the gauge? The gauge that this issue is with is the "temperature" themed gauge. I have several of the pressure themed gauges as well on the same tab page, and there is not an issue with those. I will upload the solution file to Mediafire tonight and then place a link to it here in the forum.

UPDATE: I reordered the gauges in code and that alone made things change in regards to the way the gauges display when the application is run, which I don't understand why. So, now I still have issues but they are just reordered. When the application first starts, both rows of gauges on the tab page are rendered incorrectly. When I click on a different tab page and then back to the tab page that the gauges are on, one row of gauges is rendered correctly, and the other row of gauges there is no change (still incorrectly rendered). My application is somewhat of a complex design as there are tab pages, group boxes, color radiants, animations, etc. Maybe the complexity of the design is making it so that these gauges don't want to play nice?

ArctionLasse

Re: Scale labels become clipped

Post by ArctionLasse » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 am

Hi,

from description this indeed seems like a bug in the Gauges.
Unfortunately - as this is a "as is" released free product - we'll have to delay the investigation of the issue a bit.

We'll report more later when we have investigated the issue.
LightningChart Support Team, LV