Installing Lightningchart manually

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

jorge

Installing Lightningchart manually

Post by jorge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 am

Hi,

Would it be possible to make use of Lightningchart trial without executing the installable? I have tried to manually add a reference to Arction.WinForms.Charting.LightningChartUltimate.dll but it will complain about Arction.RenderingDefinitions.dll not found and the application will refuse to start. I also tried to manually add a reference to this renderingdefinitions dll but same error happens.
We wouldn't care if the new user is not able to render the charts because he doesn't have a license, we are only trying to know if a manual deployment would be possible. As of now, it works for me (I used the installable) but anyone pulling my changes from the repository will get an unusable application. By manual deployment I mean copying files to a specific location and changing visual studio project properties, avoiding the execution of the binary install program.

jorge

Re: Installing Lightningchart manually

Post by jorge » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:04 am

We found that adding manually the references in WinForms and LibNET4 and WinForms, and setting "Copy Local" to False and True again solved the problem.
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jjames ... al-studio/

ArctionKestutis

Re: Installing Lightningchart manually

Post by ArctionKestutis » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:50 am

Glad you found solution. Lightningchart do not have requirement to be installed in each and every computer. As long as you supply binaries together with necessary DLLs, the project will work. As you pointed out, Visual Studio may have bug, which sometime prevent project from coping right assemblies.