Show only the range of some items in SeriesErrorPoint

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

vifani

Show only the range of some items in SeriesErrorPoint

Post by vifani » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:11 pm

In FreeformPointLineSeries using SeriesErrorPoint, is it posible to hide point only for some items?

ArctionPasi

Re: Show only the range of some items in SeriesErrorPoint

Post by ArctionPasi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:47 pm

Hiding some points while keeping other points in the series visible? Not possible directly.

But series.SetClipAreas() may give the preferred result. With ClipAreas you can clip specific range off by X or Y.

It's a new feature in 6.2, so ensure you are running the latest assemblies.
LightningChart Support Team, PT

srinin2k

Post by srinin2k » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 pm

I have similar question. Can I hide actual point shape from error bar line? Actually, I'm using error bars to denote the range. So, if the point lies outside the range, I'm showing event marker in red color and want to hide the point on the line. Is it clear?

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi,

There are several solutions for your question. With limited information is difficult to say, which solution would the optimal.
For example, you could just disable Series.PointsVisible and use SeriesEventMarkers instead. The benefit of SeriesEventMarker is possibility to manipulate its style individually. Therefore, you would be able simple set Marker.Visible=False.

Another option is to use Individual Point Coloring. Starting from v.7.2, the PointLineSeries, FreeformPointLineSeries, AreaSeries and HighLowSeries have Color field in the data point structures.
To enable individual point coloring, set IndividualPointColoring to Color1, Color2, Color3 or BorderColor setting. To disable individual point coloring, set IndividualPointColoring = Off. The color settings corresponds that color in PointStyle property. Please check corresponding Demo examples and User's Manual for more information on the topic.

All the best.

srinin2k

Post by srinin2k » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm trying out your solution Series.PointsVisible = false. Then those are not displayed in legend. Then, Can I make SeriousEventMarkers to appear in legend? I want its shape.

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 am

To be visible in the LegendBox, create dummy series: no points just line/point style same as marker. In addition, disable visibility for the first series in legendbox (Series.ShowInLegendBox=false).