I want to disable the automatic size adjustment of the Y-axis

A forum dedicated to WinForms version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

nova

I want to disable the automatic size adjustment of the Y-axis

Post by nova » Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:27 am

I need to display 128 Y axes in one plot
but y axes size set automatic to fit plot size.
so now I increase plot size and use scroll bar.
but, when I increase Plot size, Y axes also increase I don't want that.
and, when I scroll down, I can't see the x Axes.

I want to know how to scroll only ViewXY part, not Whole Plot
and how disable the automatic size adjustment of the Y-axis.

thank you.
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (117.5 KiB) Viewed 16017 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (116.92 KiB) Viewed 16017 times

ArctionKestutis

Re: I want to disable the automatic size adjustment of the Y-axis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:16 am

Strictly speaking it is not possible to create scrolling just for the part of Chart (e.g. GraphArea of ViewXY). You can thing of Chart as one big image. And in order to scroll just part of it your would need to split image into multiple images, freeze some of them while allow shifting for another ones.

Typically Chart will take size of Parent (it was add to), if it set to fill/stretch. Therefore, it is normal that segment/Yaxes are resized on increase in scrollable-parent. In Winforms edition you may set chart.Dock property to 'None' and then set Height & Width of control. But when you also need to take care of app's window resize and many other things.

I guess main question here is how to make XAxis visible when part of the chart is scrolled/hidden. There are several ideas/solution for that. One is to create 2nd Chart just to show Xaxis and add 1st chart to scrollable control (with hidden XAxis). Another idea is to create YAxesLayout.Segmented and set Segment.Height property 0, when you want to hide segment (kind of scroll segment our of view). Third idea is use XAxis.Position property to place axis relatively to GraphArea height (for this positioning to work set chart.ViewXY.AxisLayout.XAxisAutoPlacement = XAxisAutoPlacement.Off).

Hope this helps.

nova

Post by nova » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:19 am

thank you
I solved the problem by creating a separate graph with only the x-axis at the top.

I have additional questions.
By receiving data from 32 channels at 12.5kHz, a total of 128 channels must be displayed in real time, including a graph that filters each data.

I use the real-time data feed from the thread in the example.

However, if the program continues to display a large amount of graphs, the display speed will slow down and the data will become distorted.

Because we need to be able to rewind 30 seconds of data, we used DeleteSamplesBefore and did not use DropOldSeriesData.

Is there a way to quickly display the desired data in this program without delay?

thankyou for your help

ArctionKestutis

Post by ArctionKestutis » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:49 am

From 'streaming' perspective it is comparable to ExampleHiSpeedXY from our Demo.
If I calculate correctly you may have 30 M points in the chart, so that does not sound like too much.
In ExampleHiSpeedXY, one can change Sampling frequency, channel count and X-length. I was running for 40 minutes and don't see any serious issue (stable FPS and no distortion).

I think your problem could be investigated by technical-support. Please write email directly to Support at lightningchart.com, include your license ID and detailed description of problem (with pictures). The submission of test-project is always welcome and it helps for the investigation enormously.

ExampleHiSpeedXY from Demo
ExampleHiSpeedXY from Demo
ExampleHiSpeedXY.jpg (991.34 KiB) Viewed 16000 times