Delay when displaying context menu and zooming the chart

A forum dedicated to WPF version of LightningChart Ultimate.

Moderator: Queue Moderators

itz_me_cheyi

Delay when displaying context menu and zooming the chart

Post by itz_me_cheyi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:43 am

Hi there..

I'm running into an issue where there is a 1-2 seconds delay when showing chart context menu and showing the rectangle when zooming the chart by clicking and dragging the mouse left button if there are many points rendered in the chart. Do you have any idea why this happens and how to minimize the delay?

I also have some questions regarding the chart:
1. When we debugging and moving the mouse on the chart, the Output window shows that a thread called 'ComposeLineSeriesDrawDataThread' is running. I wonder what is this thread actually do.

2. Is there any way to change the color of the rectangle when zooming the chart by clicking and dragging the mouse left button. We have to change the background color of the chart to white, so the rectangle will be invisible since its color is white by default.

3. Is there any way to stop the chart from processing the hit point? I mean to enable/disable chart detecting all mouse event (for example, MouseMove event, or MouseOver event).

I attach the solution that you can use to reproduce the delay issue and the image of my Output window.

Thank you for your help.
Attachments
TestLightningChart.rar
(83.44 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
OutputWindow.png
OutputWindow.png (28.61 KiB) Viewed 8021 times

ArctionJari

Re: Delay when displaying context menu and zooming the chart

Post by ArctionJari » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 am

Hi.

You have so many points that it causes a lot of overhead when calculating hit points etc when mouse is moved/clicked on chart. If you change PointLineSeries.PointStyle.Shape to Triangle it will improve performance. Each point is drawn using triangles so in a circle there are many triangle. Simpler the shape, the faster it is rendered. Also, see answer to 3.

1. LightningChart Ultimate takes advantage of multi-threading when multi-core processor is used so the thread you are seeing in Ouput window is just a rendering thread which has done its job and exited.

2. Yes, you can change ViewXY.ZoomPanOptions.ZoomRectLine property's properties to make the zoom rectangle look the way you want.

3. You can set, for example PointLineSeries object's MouseInteraction property to false. This will speed things up if you don't need mouse interaction.

I hope this helps. :)

ArctionPasi

Re: Delay when displaying context menu and zooming the chart

Post by ArctionPasi » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Regarding Q #1, By right-clicking the Output Window, you can select not to show thread exit messages, and then they will not disturb you anymore...
LightningChart Support Team, PT