Getting started video
What is LightningChart JS?
LightningChart is entirely GPU accelerated and performance optimized charting library for presenting massive amounts of data. It offers an easy way of creating sophisticated and interactive charts and adding them to your website or web application.
What is special about LightningChart JS?
- LightningChart provides fast rendering utilizing effective algorithms and GPU acceleration of using WebGL.
- LightningChart is highly-optimized for real-time scrolling monitoring and handling high-intensity data.
- LightningChart handles huge data-sets and huge number of charts keeping interactivity.
- LightningChart provides flexible API and utilities to create custom types of charts and more sophisticated visualizations.
What is LightningChart JS best at?
LightningChart JS shines at building applications with the following properties:
- Applications that deal with extensive datasets.
- Applications that deal with high-intensity data streams.
- Applications that deploy on multiple platforms.
Where can I find examples?
Please check LightningChart JS interactive examples on our website.
Each example has its own GitHub repository which can be used as seed project, please check our Arction Git.
How to get started?
- Check our getting started video on LightningChart JS.
- Check LightningChart JS interactive examples. Use live-coding features to learn the API.
- Use one of the examples templates from a Git for your future project or setup the project from scratch.
If you prefer to setup your own project, there are two main ways to get LightningChart JS in your
What is inside LightningChart JS bundle?
What LightningChart JS can do? For what it can be used for?
LightningChart JS is developed to provide high-performance data-visualization solutions for websites and web applications.
LightningChart JS can draw:
- Charts and Graphs (Line plot, Scatter plot, Area plot, etc.);
- UI elements (Buttons, Checkboxes, Annotations, etc.);
Dashboard with multiple charts and UI inside one pane.
What is the difference between LightningChart .NET and LightningChart JS?
LightningChart .NET is used in Windows Desktop applications while LightningChart JS is used in Web applications.
LightningChart JS is developed to contain most of LightningChart .NET features with some improvements in features, utilities and additional flexibility based on our previous experience and customers feedback.
Is it a UI library? Do you provide support for ReactJS, VueJS, Angular frameworks?
Get started with your project by using our Project Templates:
How can I evaluate the performance? Do you have performance comparisons and benchmark tests?
The performance value depends on multiple aspects, such as series types, programming practices, and hardware.
For performance testing, please check out the Performance Demo / Tester on our webpage.
Are there special system requirements?
How does LightningChart JS interoperate with IDEs?
LightningChart JS can be used in any modern IDEs with no preferences.
What is the Deployment? What types of Deployment available for LightningChart JS?
Software Deployment is all the activities that makes a software available to use.
LightningChart JS Web developer license allows deployment to:
- Public websites, SaaS, web and applications. Internet connection is required.
- Intranet solution running in a local network. Local area network connection is required within organization.
Community license is intended to be used in non-commercial public web sites and local machine only.
I am not a developer. How can I use this library?
The library LightningChart JS must be integrated by a developer. Please contact Arction for info about integration/development partners.
Which license types are available for LightningChart JS?
During the development with a Commercial development key, the internet connection is required for license key checking. License key must be specified in the constructor.
Community license currently does not require internet connection. License key argument can be left empty.
For more information about Licensing and Pricing plans, please see Pricing page
Where can I get support?
Official API documentation can be found here.
If you need an additional support from our core developers, an additional email support hours can be purchased through our customer portal
How can I contribute?
There are many ways to contribute to LightningChart.
- Suggest new examples to be added in the interactive examples
- Submit bugs and help us to create a better product.
- Engage with other LightningChart users and developers on StackOverflow (tagged LightningChart).
- Join us in social media: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
Let others know about LightningChart JS
What is Customer Portal?
Customer Portal is a comprehensive online platform where you can:
- Browse, purchase and download Arction products
- Manage your license subscriptions
- Assign licenses to your team members
- Communicate with Arction technical support
Where can I find more information on Customer Portal?
You can find the basic introduction to Customer Portal’s functionality here:
Do I need to register at Customer Portal to see available products?
Registration is not required for browsing products and checking all products info. You can do it as a portal guest.
You will be asked to register at the portal once you reach the purchasing stage.
I have more questions about Customer Portal. Whom should I contact?
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions on the matter.
Access Introduction to Customer Portal for more information:
Have more questions?
We will be happy to help you!